We are using the WorldShip program here and I have implemented a simple CF
application that sort of interfaces with it.

Here is a brief overview of what I do:

1) Basically staff in our building fill out my (our) online Courier request
form - generic no mention of shipper.
2) All data relating to the shipment is recorded in our Corporate database.
3) The end-user will bring down their package, along with my printed receipt
(internal tracking number - aka autonumber in database) to the mailroom
4) At the end of the day, they mailroom staff will process all shipping
request, thru my admin module.  This module basically creates a CSV file of all
the shipments for that day.  The file is saved to a diskette (CSV file) and
then imported into the UPS WorldShip terminal.  Labels are then printed based
off of the CSV file.  In return the UPS terminal will generate a csv file
containing the UPS tracking number and our internal tracking.  This is them fed
back into my CF application.  So basically I have UPS tracking number and our
internal tracking number stored and can easily handling the billing later.

This whole process is based of the old sneaker network of walking a floppy from
one terminal to another but it works great.

I am looking to implement the Ship API to allow users at our field offices
(without a dedicated mailroom) to print labels at their desk. The plan is
removed the use of pre-printed shipping manifest.  This is the part that I am
lost on.  I would to get this part working but all I seem to get back is java
code and I do not actually receive a print-able label.

If you want more info, please let me know.

Mario