Hello people,

Do you know how can I actually call a Coldfusion funsction with a javascript
function.

for example I am using onClick to call a cffunction inside a div. (DOM)

Example:
<!--
<cffunction name="MyExample" output="yes" returntype="string"> <cfreturn "My
DOM Coldfusion Example"> </cffunction>

"#MyExample()#";'>example</a></li>

YOU CAN NOT DO THIS.  Sorry about the wasted three hours!  But as a newbie here
is a mantra to learn.  ColdFusion is SERVER SIDE and JavaScript is CLIENT SIDE
and never the TWAIN SHALL MEET!  Now Ajax and some other technologies blur this
distinction, but in the gritty details this is more of a matter of perception
rather then how it really works.

What would happen in your example is that CF would run your function, put the
results into the response and send the already completed anchor tag to the
client, before the client even knows there is javascript to run.  Then the
client gets it's turn to run the javascript on the rendered response in the
browser, but it has no knowledge of the CFML that was used to create this
response.

Depending on what you are really trying to do, there are some very powerful
techniques for blending CF and JavaScript.  Starting with using CFML to create
dynamic JS, unique to each response request by different users; and going all
the way up to using AJAX to call ColdFusion code asynchronously and having the
results returned to the originating request without generating an entirely new
request in the browser.

--------------
Ian Skinner
Web Programmer
BloodSource
www.BloodSource.org
Sacramento, CA

---------
| 1 |   |
---------  Binary Soduko
|   |   |
---------

"C code. C code run. Run code run. Please!"
- Cynthia Dunning

Confidentiality Notice:  This message including any
attachments is for the sole use of the intended
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and
delete any copies of this message.