I ran into the same issue. This is used by a another window that is
opened and updates that field. You could probably modify it to work for
you.

function getEditorContent(instanceName) {
                        editor_frame =
opener.document.getElementById(instanceName+'___Frame');
                        editor_source =
editor_frame.contentWindow.document.getElementById('eEditorArea');
                        if (editor_source!=null) {
                            return
editor_source.contentWindow.document.body.innerHTML;
                        } else {
                            return '';
                        }
                    }

                   function setEditorContent(instanceName,newContent) {
                        editor_frame =
opener.document.getElementById(instanceName+'___Frame');
                        editor_source =
editor_frame.contentWindow.document.getElementById('eEditorArea');
                        if (editor_source!=null) {

editor_source.contentWindow.document.body.innerHTML = newContent;
                        } else {
                            return '';
                        }
                    }