> I personally just use the code, since it's a 20-digit random code
> that's going to be pretty secure on its own. You don't want to use the
> email since many people purchase them to give as gifts and the person
> using the code may not know the email of the person that bought it
> originally.

I'm using the receiver's email in the field. The purchaser makes the purchase,
then the receiver receives their certificate via email. But this makes me
think... should I offer a choice of electronic or paper certificates?
giftCertificateManager.cfc would be able to generate both types depending on
what the user selects during checkout.

Or should it just be a simple printable gift certificate type of thing.

Thanks Mary Jo!

Will