You mean like this?

http://webfx.eae.net/dhtml/combobox/combobox.htm

Russ

-----Original Message-----
From: Varun Dixit [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 03 January 2007 16:12
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Combo Box in CF

Brian,

Thanks for your reply. I came up with a combobox too yesterday, and its
using javascript which as you said is indeed very reponsive. The was I have
it set up is a text box seating on top of Select inside a DIV. Than, i got
few javascript functions googling, and kinna of created a hybrid which does
what I have been looking for. Its close to what you have on your page, I can
send you the functions or put them here. Let me know, how would you like to
have it. If you do at all.

Thanks, Varun
> Varun,
>
> I came up with something that simulates a combo box, but I don't think
> it quite meets what you're looking for.  It gives the user a text box
> control and a select control.  At first, the select control contains
> all of the options in the list, but as the user types text in the text
> box, the options in the select box that don't match what's being typed
> are essentially removed, leaving only similar entries.  If the user
> clicks on an option in the select box, the value of that option is
> copied to the text box.
>
> I've posted a page with this control up on my website at http://www.
> swartzfager.org/combo_box_demo.cfm.  You can see all of the code
> involved by viewing the page source.  It's JavaScript-powered but does
> not use Ajax, so it's very responsive.
>
> Like I said, I don't think it's quite what you're looking for, but
> maybe the techniques/functions involved will be of some help.

--Brian