I have the following roles based security model.

Every resource in my applications have a permission. Use use actual plain
text permission names so they are easy to remember, but a unique UUID can be
generated instead.

E.G.

USERS
 ->View Users
 ->Edit Users
 ->Delete Users
 ->Create users

I have a permission configuration tool that is part of my framework admin
interface.
I create my resources and then create all the permissions.

I then Create Groups (roles), and assign resources/permissions to those
groups.
A user is then assigned to a group.

When a user logs in, all their permissions are read in and stored in their
session.

I then have a UDF that checks permissions for each page for each user.

E.g.

<cfif request.HasPermissions('permission required')>
 process as normal
<cfelse>
 call my access denied module
</cfif>

The UDF can easily be replaced by a CFC for your OOP type application.

--
Russ