Hi all,

We're in the midst of converting our application from CF5 to CF7 and are
experiencing an interesting problem with how its interpreting case statements
in our sql.  The same code (as well as same Oracle database) is runs fine in
CF5, but not in CF7.

Below is an example of a query we have.  Pay particular attection to the case
statement. . . .

<cfquery name="test" datasource="#datasource#">
SELECT  a.TM_NM AS teamName,
        b.stnd_rnk AS standingRank
        (case
         when b.qry_param LIKE '%<wddx%' then
             'wddx'
        else
          'paramString'
        end) as QueryDataType
FROM            team a, standing b
WHERE           a.team_id = b.team_id
AND             b.QUERY_DSPLD_IND = 'Y'
ORDER BY        a.TM_NM DESC
</cfquery>

When doing a cfoutput in CF5 on the QueryDataType variable, we get "wddx" or
"paramString".  However in CF7 an extra space is added on to the end.  So if we
append 123 on the end, we get "wddx 123" or "paramString 123".  Before we
thought it was just with any column, but it appears to the ones that are in the
case statments.  Its bascially forcing us to do the trim on the coldfusion
side, because once we do that it works fine.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Is there something that could be wrong with
the database drivers causing this issue?

Thanks!