I turned ContentMonger Pro into just plain ContentMonger, and got rid
of the ContentMonger Lite code, which was ridiculously old.

Its not basic, strictly speaking, but it does a good job of not
getting in your way with respect to not using features you don't need.
 The quick/dirty editing tutorial is here, as is a  tutorial on
installation, which is sort of a joke since it requires no mappings or
cfx's and needs only a datasource.  It will create all tables and
indexes for you (tables are named so they will almost certainly not
interfere with anything you have already)

http://mysecretbase.com/CMPro_Demo.cfm