listOfSections = structKeyList(getProfileSections(inifile.ini))

I've done such a thing. Let me see if I can dig up my code...

<cffunction name="loadFromINI" access="public" output="false"
returntype="struct" hint="Given a fully-qualified path to an *.ini file,
returns a structure with the key/value pairs in that file. If useGroups
is true, uses the group name(s) to create a structure of structures.">
        <cfargument name="pathToINI" required="yes" type="string">
        <cfargument name="useGroups" default="true" type="boolean">

        <cfset var local=structNew()>

        <cfset local.returnStruct=structNew()>

        <cfset
local.sectionStruct=getProfileSections(arguments.pathToINI)>

        <cfloop collection="#local.sectionStruct#" item="local.item">
                <cfset local.workingStruct=structNew()>
                <cfloop list="#local.sectionStruct[local.item]#"
index="local.key">
                        <cfset
local.workingStruct[local.key]=getProfileString(arguments.pathToINI,loca
l.item,local.key)>
                </cfloop>
                <cfif arguments.useGroups>
                        <cfset
local.returnStruct[local.item]=duplicate(local.workingStruct)>
                <cfelse>
                        <cfset
structAppend(local.returnStruct,local.workingStruct,"yes")>
                </cfif>
        </cfloop>

        <cfreturn local.returnStruct>
</cffunction>

I then generally add this structure to the application scope.

HTH