I think there are more than enough written resources available out there
that compares CF against PHP, ASP etc... as Josh pointed one out directly
from Adobe.  Most of which however, are written to convince developers on
what platform to develop on.

At one point or another, we've all been asked by prospective clients the
same question Ali was asked... "Why should I go with you, cf guy, and not
the php guy?"

Is there anything Adobe is doing to make the selling of CF directly to the
guy who'll write the check?  If Adobe markets CF right, these potential
clients should be looking for and asking "who is the best CF guy around?"
instead.

Adobe, are you listening?