I realize this may be off-topic, but I'm looking for a way to manage
directory access on IIS with a CFM application.

The rub is that the web pages to be protected themselves will be asp and/or
standard html (Frontpage Extensions of all things!), so I can't simply plonk
an application.cfm in there to keep everything in check.

We've made a small application to do the same on Linux, but there it's
relatively easy since you can create htaccess files.

Is there an equivalent thing for IIS?

Or failing that, is there a simple way to add/modify/delete directory access
in IIS? We're talking a database of possibly hundreds of people who each
need their individual passwords, and *no* way to use ColdFusion for the
serving end of things.

Michel Vuijlsteke
Netpoint NV