> I am getting this error on my development laptop but not on
> any other machine. I googled the problem but could not get
> anything very useful.
>
> [Macromedia][SequeLink JDBC Driver][ODBC
> Socket][Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Optional feature
> not implemented
>
> I am using CFMX 7 and SQL Server 2000 SP3. Anyone else come
> accross this issue?

Why aren't you using the SQL Server JDBC driver that CF comes with, instead
of the ODBC Socket driver?

> I will give that a try when I get home. I just find it odd
> that on my test server at home and the production server, it
> I have no issues with this. It is only my laptop. The only
> difference in my laptop and the test and production servers
> is that the laptop is running Windows XP Professional and the
> others are running Windows Server 2003. I am toying with the
> idea of upgrading my laptop to Windows Server 2003 as well so
> that I have identical platforms when developing and testing.

I would expect that, in production, you're using the JDBC driver mentioned
above. Instead of upgrading your laptop to Windows Server 2003, you might
find it easier to use Windows Server 2003 in a VMware session. The VMware
Server product is free.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/