Latest version of Apache requires that you add a <Directory> entry to allow
access to that directory.  Something like

<Directory "F:/resources">
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order deny,allow
    Allow from all
</Directory>

You can check the error log to see what the problem is.

Don't get discouraged.  Apache beats the pants off IIS, but it has a bit of
a learning curve.

Russ