I have a page that is acting extremely strange. It's a simple form processing
page that runs validation against some of the passed form fields. If it fails
any of the checks, it displays a basic error message and asks the user to go
back to the form to fix the changes (this was not my work, it's legacy code).
In order to do the checks, obviously the form fields have to exist.

When I run the page and it finds a validation issue, the warning messages are
put into an array as the checks are done, and if that array is found to have
anything in it, the contents of the array are displayed. If nothing is found,
the database is updated. This processes completely normally, nothing out of the
ordinary.

But for some weird reason, when the warning messages are displayed, the error
emails that my onError function in Application.cfc creates are also triggering,
claiming the form field being checked in the very first validation check cannot
be found. To make matters weirder, the HTML page that the onError code creates
(in addition to the email that is sent) is NOT displayed.

I have debugging turned on, and it shows all the form fields passed to the
page. Sure enough the field the error email claims is not there, is in fact
there.

I have tried wrapping the block the error email references in a CFTRY/CFCATCH
to try and muzzle it. The email still is being sent. So I am really lost as to
what is triggering these emails.

I have Ray Camden's code regarding the CFABORT/CFLOCATION issues with onError
already in.

Any ideas at all?

thanks
-r