Jerky San Pedro wrote:
> I am getting a Query of Query error in CFMX 6.1 when I used a JDBC
> driver for PostgreSQL 8.1.

Which error exactly?

> I tested CFMX 6.1 in two setups:
>
> One is an FC4 server
> The other is a RHEL4 server
>
> In FC4, I installed PostgreSQL 8.1 and connected CFMX using the
> recommended JDBC3 and JDBC2, each in alternate trials. Both trials
> issued a query of queries (QofQ) error, which I heard of is inherent
> in FC4. With that, I removed PostgreSQL 8.1 and downgraded to 7.4 and
> used the recommended JDBC for 7.4. It worked fine. I don't get any
> QofQ errors.

Have you tried the combination of CF 6.1, PostgreSQL 8.2.1 and the
postgresql-8.2-504.jdbc3.jar driver?

> In RHEL4, I installed PostgreSQL 7.4 first. It worked fine. No QofQ
> errors. I wasn't able to fully install PostgreSQL version 8.1 for
> RHEL4. Thus I tried something else: I removed the JDBC JVM mapping for
> 7.4 in CFMX administrator and installed an 8.1 JDBC2 JVM mapping. I
> connected to a remote PostgreSQL 8.1 database. It worked. No errors.
> QofQ OK. Problem is my database is remote, which is a different
> scenario from my FC4's setup. My problem at this point is semi-solved.

What happens if you don't register the PostgreSQL JDBC driver in your
classpath, but just drop it in the /WEB-INF/cfusion/lib/ directory and restart
the instance?

> But since the best scenario is sticking to PostgreSQL 7.4, I might
> just stick to it.

> 1. If I am using simple queries available, would my using a 7.4 JDBC
> driver to connect to an 8.1 database cause any problems?

PostgreSQL servers and JDBC drivers each support multiple versions of the
protocol. Any JDBC driver for 7.4 or later will connect to any server version
7.4 or later. I would not downgrade the server just because I needed an older
driver.

> 2. Has anyone encountered this?

No

> 3. How will you know what JDBC driver is suitable for you? I thought
> CFMX comes with its own JDK, which is version 1.4, thus JDBC3. How
> come JDBC2 works well, or does it really?

Because CF MX / 7 only uses JDBC2.

Jochem

PS Have you applied for the Scorpio beta yet?
https://prerelease.adobe.com/callout/apply.html?callid={E9F64ADB-DADA-485E-BFFE-60E0D783EBEF}