It's not really JRun's fault in this instance.  Our networking group
blocks multicast across subnets, so the traffic is cut off.  I get the
fact that it's one of the main reasons to have multiple subnets, but
it's a pain.  JRun will work fine, so long as the security.properties
file is edited to reflect the search across subnets.

Matthew Williams