> I have been doing this wrong for years and getting by with
> it. What is the correct way?
>
> I have a field in my SQL Server 2005 PageHits table for the
> current date and time. What data format should the field be?
> What value do I pass from CF? CreateODBCDateTime(Now))???? I
> get an error when I try that!
>
> What is the RIGHT way to do this with CF7???

In my opinion, in most situations, the best way is not to do it from CF at
all. Simply define the default value within the database column. That way,
if you write future applications in other environments that use the same
database, they'll function identically.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/