I've got a script (used as a custom tag) that is built for SQL Server,
that will do a cascading database delete, calling itself as often as
necessary, based on the original record you want to delete. It requires
that the DB tables be properly set up with foreign keys etc. The script
digs around and figures out what records are dependent on each other,
and basically deletes from the bottom up, finally deleting the initial
record, the info for which was passed into the custom tag call to start
with.

If you're interested, I can email you the script. Dunno what DB server
you're on though, so it may well be semi-useless to you.

--Scott