I have a task that needs to run every other Thursday.  Since the scheduled task
administrator does not have bi-weekly option, I'm expecting I will run it every
week and then have logic on the page determine if this is an "on" week or an
"off" week.

My question is how you all would tackle this.  I have a couple different ideas,
and I am having a hard time settling on one I like.

Idea 1:  A flag that flips back and forth, but will need some method to persist
the flag through system restarts and such.  Seems a bit overkill to create a
database or file just to store single binary 0|1 value.

Idea 2: Process the date to determine if the task should run this week, but how?

Idea 2a:  Could I use the week() function?  But I don't think the task will
always run on even or odd weeks every year, would it?

But if not this, what characteristic of a date would determine which week to
run the code.  I have a 'start' date if that helps.

--------------
Ian Skinner
Web Programmer
BloodSource
www.BloodSource.org
Sacramento, CA

---------
| 1 |   |
---------  Binary Soduko
|   |   |
---------

"C code. C code run. Run code run. Please!"
- Cynthia Dunning

Confidentiality Notice:  This message including any
attachments is for the sole use of the intended
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and
delete any copies of this message.