WebSite CFtalk wrote:
> The problem is not always there, but happens especially with one
> customer using clustered terminal servers and Internet Explorer.
>
> It seems that they are always connected to one of the cluster nodes

Are the terminal servers in the same subnet as your cluster? If so, what is the
ARP timeout on the system? If not, what is the ARP timeout on the upstream
router of your cluster? Do you have port security enabled on your network
equipment? Are you using multicast and / or IGMP? How is multicast configured
on your switch / router? Do you have single affinity set?

> they experience drops regularly, also when all jrun/cf instances is up
> and running.

I would look into the combination of NLB with your network equipment. ISTM this
is a problem where the network directs the traffic to one server, where NLB
tries to direct the traffic to another server.

> We're shortly going to upgrade to 7.x (running 6.1 right now), but I
> believe that the problem is with NLB clustering - maybe when the other
> end is also NLB.
>
> The plan is to switch to a HW based solution for this reason and also
> since it obviously would be a better and more stable/powerful solution.

This all sounds very vague to me. Wouldn't it be better to thoroughly
investigate the issue before investing in new hardware? Or at least get
something from a vendor on a try before you buy basis.

Jochem