This is expected, as I can no doubt say that the web service you are calling
is .NET and that the return variable is not of type "string".

If the result is XML or any other complex object, CF/Axis will *not* comsume
it the way you expect, it may not even consume it correctly at all in that
the stub could be wrong (which is what your error is now. Web services setup
this way are badly designed in terms of interop and I can imagine if it
isn't changed your only way to consume it would be to create all the SOAP
headers manually.

If you dump the web service, what is the return type of the method
getMyAuction()? Is it string or is it a package (com.x etc)?

Axis is awesome at consuming web services and doing all the magic but it has
some limitations which stop it from correctly consuming a .NET service with
complex object returns (this limitation could just be CFs implementation of
itl I haven't checked).

I guarantee 100% that if the return type is changed from complex to string
it will work straight off the bat.

"This e-mail is from Reed Exhibitions (Gateway House, 28 The Quadrant,
Richmond, Surrey, TW9 1DN, United Kingdom), a division of Reed Business,
Registered in England, Number 678540.  It contains information which is
confidential and may also be privileged.  It is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient(s).  If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note
that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the
information in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have
received this communication in error please return it to the sender or call
our switchboard on +44 (0) 20 89107910.  The opinions expressed within this
communication are not necessarily those expressed by Reed Exhibitions."
Visit our website at http://www.reedexpo.com