Please point me to any document stating as much.  Now, if the customers
would write better code (rather their developers), I would have much
fewer issues ;).  Since they don't, and it takes near to 6 months to a
year to affect changes, this is the only path I have to travel down.

Please keep in mind I inherited all of this.  I never would have made
customers have a virtual site instead of a website were we to do it all
over again.  But we can't, there's no money in it, and it would be an
mess to maintain SSL certs for it.

Yes I'm defensive, apologies, but there's not really much I can do
beyond this to make our environment more stable.

Matthew Williams
Geodesic GraFX