LoadRunner is good but expensive. Proper testing with it takes
someone who really knows it well.

Apache JMeter runs well in Windows and basics can be learned in half
day. It's free and usually is my first choise. It uses rather unique
terminology in my opinion, though. What it lacks is reporting that
would be suitable for business people so it's more geared towards
developers.  It can be used to test wide variety of targets and quite
extensive testing scripts can be created without actual programming.

I used NeoLoad in one project couple of months ago and liked it as
well. Somehow I get feeling that it's based on JMeter but has easier
interface and better reporting.  It's not too expensive so why not
check it out.

Tero Pikala