Actually, I did a limitation by longitude as well, because at the equator,
the fudge factor is the same (approximatley 69 miles per degree)...
everything in the US is less than that but I figured what the heck.  So I
draw the box on both lat and long, knowing that the longitude will actually
encompass MORE than the area I'm looking for... the getDistance() function
actually does the work of exact distances anyway.  As long as the "box" is
bigger than necessary, it's all good.

I was thinking it might actually be wise to use a range factor GREATER than
1/69 ... like 2/69...giving the latitude some wiggle room.

But thinking about the math involved as to *WHY* I'd do that makes *MY* head
hurt!