Speaking of getting around GoDaddy restrictions. Does anyone have a work
around for the lack of CreateObject?

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Sorge [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2007 12:01 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: <cffile> on GoDaddy.com

Terry,
Thanks for the info. I happen to have an app that I am rolling out for a
personal client that will be using an email app for folks who opt-in and is
hosted at GoDaddy. Have not tested it yet but I am glad to have this tidbit
of information. And you are right about their tech support. I wanted to use
an updated version of this app that has Flash Forms but I kept getting a JS
error that occurs on the server side created JS, and their tech support
(basic and advanced level) kept telling me that since it was a JS issue, it
is on the client end and I need to fix my code. So I am left with having to
now learning FLEX and hope to be able to re-write the app in FLEX. Not sure
whether or not it will work with GoDaddy but I will create a small one or
two page app and see. If it does not work, I am switching my sites to
another host.
Oh, and I even mentioned that to their tech support, and they responded with
a nice thank you for using GoDaddy Tech Support, and if there is anything
else I need help with to go ahead and ask. LOL. That was a great way to end
my evening, with a good laugh.

Bruce Sorge

"I'm a mawg: half man, half dog. I'm my own best friend!"