Obviously, for some reason the syntax of my code didn't remain correct when
I pasted it.

To clear up anything that might be an oversight... The line ending with
"my_username does include the "> that is required.

It was also formatted real "pretty" on my computer :)

Step one of a long drawn out problem I'm having.

I am posting via a cfhttp to a login page which is using ASP as its back
engine.

the code I am using is as follows:

<CFHTTP
    REDIRECT = "yes"
    URL = "http://www.dealideal.com/forum/login_user.asp";
    USERAGENT = "#cgi.HTTP_USER_AGENT#"
    METHOD = "post"
    RESOLVEURL = "yes"
    PORT = "80"

    <CFHTTPPARAM TYPE="formfield" NAME="name" VALUE="my_username">
    <CFHTTPPARAM TYPE="formfield" NAME="password" VALUE="temppass">
    <CFHTTPPARAM TYPE="formfield" NAME="ActiveUsers" VALUE="False">
    <CFHTTPPARAM TYPE="formfield" NAME="AutoLogin" VALUE="False">
</CFHTTP>

<CFDUMP VAR=#CFHTTP#>
<CFOUTPUT>#HTMLCODEFORMAT(CFHTTP.FILECONTENT)#</CFOUTPUT>

<CFSET TEMPCOOKIE = CFHTTP.RESPONSEHEADER["Set-Cookie"]>
<CFOUTPUT>#ARRAYLEN(TEMPCOOKIE)#</CFOUTPUT>

However, the above statement causes the error "Object of type class
coldfusion.util.FastHashtable cannot be used as an array" even tho the
responseheader shows 2 set-cookie entries and I can list them with:

<CFOUTPUT>
    #TEMPCOOKIE[1]#<BR>
    #TEMPCOOKIE[2]#
</CFOUTPUT>

depending on the options set in the initial login form there could be 3
cookies.  I am trying to find out what the number of cookies are so I can
cfloop through TEMPCOOKIE and create session variables so I can eventually
land on a page to do some data mining.

(getting the cookies from the site is just step one of many issues with this
overall problem.  although I'm sure I am logged in after the form
submission, each subsequent call to the site shows me as "guest")

Any help in this initial problem would be appreciated!

Oh, and if anyone just wants to go to the url listed at the top and write a
page that eventually allows form submission to
http://www.dealideal.com/CodeLookup.asp?barcode=508137170769 so the results
can be parsed with cfml I'll just paypal 50 bucks to ya instead of working
out all the steps to make this work through the forum.  I've been working on
this for a week, and even tho I consider myself fluent in CFML I'm having a
major issue with this one. (losing sleep over it).