I would compare the features before settling on Home. Business and Ultimate
have more features than home does...especially in dealing with networking.

Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Sorge [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2007 4:19 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Taking the Vista Plunge

Well since I have a server that has Win2K3 Server, CF7.2 and SQL 2000, I may
just go ahead and get the home version. Since my dev machine is a desktop
and my server is a Dell PowerEdge, I really see no reason to shell out the
extra $40.00 just to get IIS. I have DW set up to load the files to the
server on save anyway, and I do not recall the last time I actually served
up my sites on the localhost. My laptop though will have to stay XP since is
is a Pentium III with only 500mb of ram (I only use to to do dev work on the
train ride to and from work, and I synch the updated pages/sp's/tables onto
my server).
All of my customers sites are hosted on the same platform as my dev server,
and I like to have my dev environment the same as their production servers.

Bruce