Thanks Rey. Will do... I'm sure that anyone can cut the sample code down by
as much as 30%.  As you said, it is quite easy especially when developing a
new app.
However, for most CF developers, the challenge has been the 'makeover' of
legacy apps with the latest JS libraries- specifically: modernizing the UI
and incorporating ajax.  jQuery, by far, is the easiest to implement into
existing CF code.  By that I mean, you can modernize your UI and form
processing without completely re-writing your page.
Again thanks,
Michael