I have been tasked by one of my customers to create an on-line sweepstakes.
They want to be able to create a sweepstakes dynamically (title of the
sweepstakes, questions, answers and control types).
Also, they want to be able to run one or more sweepstakes at a time, but
they do not want a link to all of the sweepstakes currently running from the
home page. Rather they would want the customer to go to
www.sitename.com/sweepstakesname.

So here is what I have devised. If anyone has a better idea, I would love to
hear it.

DB Tables:

Sweepstakes
sweepstakes_ID int
Sweepstakes_Title varchar

Questions
Question_ID int
Question text
Sweepstakes_ID

Answers
Answer_ID int
Question_ID int
Control_Type varchar
Control_Name varchar
Answer varchar

CustomerAnswers
Sweepstakes_ID int
Customer_ID int
Question_ID int
Answer text

I have an admin page that flows like this:

Admin enters the name of the new sweepstakes. Then they go to the question
section. They select the sweepstakes that they want to add questions to,
enter in the question, then they go to a page that has them enter answers
and control types (radio, checkbox, text, textarea). Once they are done
entering the answers for that question, they go back to a new question and
then do it all over again. As far as creating a new folder for each .cfm
page for the sweepstakes, I thought that when they enter the sweepstakes
title, they can enter a name for the directory, then I create a directory
with CFDIRECTORY tag, and use CFFILE to copy the .cfm files from a main
directory to the new directory. The main sweepstakes page is index.cfm so
that should work. Then, when they are done, I can show them a page that has
the URL of the sweepstakes they currently created, like
www.sitename.com/newcoolsweepstakes. They can then copy and paste it to
marketing email to customers. So what do you all think of this? Is this a
descent approach or is there a better way to do it?

Thanks,

--
Bruce Sorge

"I'm a mawg: half man, half dog. I'm my own best friend!"