I had problems with using the CF Enterprise manager piece.  For some
reason, it
didn't add the cluster buddy to the
{jrunroot}/servers/{instance}/cfusion-ear/cfusion-war/WEB-INF/jrun-web.xml
file.  Since you still need to be knowledgeable about where all the files and
logs reside, I still recommend (to the co-workers, at any rate) going through
the JMC. But, I also like knowing how these things work.

Matthew Williams
Geodesic GraFX
www.geodesicgrafx.com/blog

Quoting Ben Forta: