> Disregard. I am using Windows and apparently .htaccess does
> NOT work in windows. Fuc**ng Microsoft.

?

If you're using Apache on Windows, you can certainly use Apache's
authentication mechanism:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/howto/auth.html
http://sniptools.com/tutorials/windows-apache-and-htaccess-authentication

If you're using IIS, why would you expect it to work, since it's a specific
feature of Apache? There are plenty of approaches you can use instead, that
will work with IIS. I would recommend ISAPI_Rewrite - the free version
should be sufficient for this - which will work just fine to do the
redirects you're trying to do.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/