From: Jason Rogoz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2007 3:44 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Server help - coldfusion services stop responding

Hey guys

A client has asked me for some advise on a coldfusion server issue they
are having.  They are reporting that the coldfusion services just stop
responding when their site gets busy (i'm not sure at this point the
number of hits when they consider the site busy), but stopping and
starting the coldfusion services seems to fix the issue. They just don't
want to have to stop and start the services all the time.

I have the following information regarding the site configuration:

2 Redhat Linux (Ent 3 on HP/Intel)
2 Sun Solaris 9 (Sparc)
1 MS-SQL Server (Win2003 HP/Intel)
Coldfusion 7.0091690

The situation is that the client had a CMS developed by another company
using CF. The site is hosted at the host company but they apparently do
not have anyone that knows how to manage the CF box.  The hosting
company has contacted me for advice on why the services just stop
responding, so i'm basically stuck in the middle of all this.  My
background is with windows and not linux.

Any tips would be helpful or if anyone has any experience with this sort
of setup in the Calgary area let me know.

Jason