Hello Everyone,

I need some advice.  I am working on a project.  The cfm page in my project
I call "TheBrain.cfm"  this is the page that gets called by my task
scheduler every 4 hours.

TheBrain.cfm script then makes calls to a web service. I am allowed to have
15 simultaneous connections to the web service at any one given point.

This means I will have to create a "thread manager" or if you want to call
it a "queue manager" since I am not really using threads.

Currently TheBrain.cfm page uses cfexecute to launch curl commands at the
command line to launch the "simultaneous calls". Right now it launches 4
separate processes which means I have 4 simultaneous calls going on.

My first thought was to have a call variable in the database which would be
incremented when the execute calls the script and decremented when the
called script is done making the call.   This seems to be a little clunky
and unreliable.  The first thought is: What happens if for some reason the
script does not decrement the call count... or if the call count doesn't get
incremented then I could have more than 15 calls going on at once.

I thought that an event gateway might be a way to handle this, but I do not
know enough yet about those.

I am not sure if I am going the right way about this or not that is why I am
emailing a group.

The main thing I need to accomplish is to make sure I do not have more than
15 simultaneous requests at 1 time.  I think I need a queue manager of some
sort.

 If you have any advice on how I should tackle this I would greatly
appreciate it.

Thanks!

Randy