Mark,

I also recommend finding your local CFUG (ColdFusion Users Group), and
joining in. You'll make good friends with developers and enthusiasts of
varying levels, and you'll be able to learn a lot by watching
presentations and being able to ask specific questions when you don't
get something. I also agree with Mike Kear. Shout at the list when you
need help. The community is a very good resource! :o)

Cheers mate! And welcome to ColdFusion!
Chris