UPDATE:

Problem should be resolved now - there was a bad load balancer on the DC2
network that was flooding one of our core switches, which primarily affected
our shared customers, secondary DNS servers, and our own website.  After some
troubleshooting to determine the cause of the problem (including shutting off
the shared part of our network for short time) we were able to isolate the load
balancer as the cause of the problem.

The problem begain shortly before the first post here (around 8 am EST) and was
confirmed resolved at about 9:30 am.  Total clients affected is hard to judge,
but I would have to say it would be less than 15-20% of our customers,
depending on how the secondary dns servers were acting.  The last statement is
sheer guesswork, so please don't quote me on it!

If you have any further questions about this you can contact me at
jamie(at)hostmysite.com.