> Am I missing something?  What's got a lot of organization in
> "crisis mode" over this?  Does it just concern large organizations
> whose functions are time-sensitive?

A lot of computing functionality is time-sensitive. Logins, for example, can
be time-sensitive. In an Active Directory environment using Kerberos, time
discrepancies could keep everyone from being able to log into their
desktops!

> Am I ok just manually changing my pc's, laptops, and servers
> on Sunday?

It depends on what those computers are running, but probably, in your case,
it would be ok. However, not all services and applications rely solely on
the OS time for timekeeping functionality.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/