You really don't want to resize a GIF file. The image quality will be
absolutely horrible due to it's fixed pixel map and small color table.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Kear [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 12:46 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Uploading and resizing gif files

I've been using iEdit.cfc for processing images uploaded by users and that's
been ok for me until now.  Until now all i've wanted to do is receive jpgs,
resize them, add a watermark to some of them and put them away in the proper
places.

Now i have a client who wants me also handle .gif files.  iEdit.cfc doesnt
handle gif files (to do with the copyright/AOL/CompuServe thing I
understand)

So what do the rest of you use to process .gif files uploaded?
Remember i want to do more than just receive tem and move them to their
locations - i need to resize and add watermarks too.  Can it be done?

--
Cheers
Mike Kear