I have doing spaghetti CF sites for a few years now and have started to
understand the importance of separating your display code from your logic code.

Is there a best practice for using CFCs and CF?

I read the documentation on CFCs and there are lots of ways to use them.

You can use CFinvoke, CFScript you can make a mapping to your CFCs or you can
keep them local to the CFM pages.  You can use CFInvokeArgurments or just place
arguments in CFInvoke.

Inheritance and persistence confuses me some.. when should you use them?

I found the book 'Discovering CFCs: ColdFusion MX Components' but it got rough
reviews on amazon.com.

Thanks,
Chad