Peterson, Chris wrote:
> I inherited a web site that is having session management issues, and
> using a good amount of ram.
>
> In the application.cfm file, there is the following session code:
>
> <cfapplication sessionmanagement="yes"
> name="#Hash(GetCurrentTemplatePath())#" setclientcookies="no">
>
> Now, can anyone tell me why you would want, on a web site that requires
> users to login, to set the session name based on the template?
>
> Chris

Perhaps they used the same application template for multiple
applications on the same server, and this was their shortcut way of
making sure that the application names didn't conflict.  Or, was the
application meant for shared hosting...this may have been a way to make
sure there wasn't any conflict there.  I doubt if that in itself is
causing your session management issues, it produces a valid...though
unreadable...application name.