-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Skinner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

You could use the "extends" property of the CFC or you could modify the
base CFC, but those may not be what you are looking for.

Nope.  I think I'd end up with a serial chain of CFCs, rather than a
library of functions.

For a more mix-and-match approach, I think you may want to look into the
"mixins" concept.  Hal Helms has been speaking on this considerably
recently.

I've seen his baseComponent.cfc, but he's never written any real
"how-to" with it.

This email message may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If
you are not the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, or copying of this email message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately
notify the sender and delete this email message from your computer.

CAUTION: The Agency of Human Services cannot ensure the confidentiality or
security of email transmissions.