It's pretty straightforward with the LotusXSL/Xalan processor.  Here's a
code snippet that does a transformation and saves the result to a text file:

<!--- Create the parser factory, and get the parser --->
<CFOBJECT TYPE=JAVA
    ACTION=CREATE
    CLASS="com.lotus.xsl.XSLProcessor"
    NAME=xslProcessor>

<!--- Process the xml file --->
<cfset currentDir=GetDirectoryFromPath(GetCurrentTemplatePath())>
<CFSET xslProcessor.process( "#currentDir#input.xml",
      "#currentDir#input.xsl", "#currentDir#output.html")>

Also, MS just released the new version of their XML parser and they claim
it's up to date with the latest XSLT recommendation; I haven't tested it
yet, has anyone tried it out?