>What error do you get?  A valid feed is, by definition, valid XML, but
>sometimes white space gets thrown in by the process of downloading,
>etc.
>
>On 3/20/07, Tom Avey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I was using magpierss, a php script but it began to not fetch new feeds from
blogger and only read from the cache (which is now weeks old).  It worked fine
on other non-blogger feeds.  I assume it has something to do with bloggers
updates and how they have affected their atom.xml feed.  When I turn off the
cache using Maggpie I get the following error:

Warning: MagpieRSS: Failed to fetch http://fgbc-world.blogspot.com/atom.xml
(Request timed out after 10 seconds) in
/home/content/t/o/m/tomavey/html/magpierss/rss_fetch.inc on line 239

It looks like Magpierss is no longer supported so I am looking for a CF
solution.

Here is the error message I get with CF (http://fgbc.org/feedtest2.cfm):

An error occured while Parsing an XML document.
Content is not allowed in prolog.

The error occurred in
/var/chroot/home/content/t/o/m/tomavey/html/feedtest2.cfm: line 7

5 : <cfhttp url="http://fgbc-world.blogger.com/atom.xml"; method="get" />
6 :
7 : <cfset objRSS = xmlParse(cfhttp.filecontent) />
8 :
9 : <CFDUMP var="#objRSS#" />

I can http the atom.xml page in my browser (Firefox) and even subscribe to it.
If I copy the xml code from that xml page and create a new one on my server it
parses fine (http://fgbc.org/feedtest.cfm).