Jon,

Yes - it's called Smalltalk ;P

Also, check out Nando's series of articles
http://aria-media.com/blog/index.cfm/oo-in-cf

Seriously, I agree there's a lot of crap to learn, although my crap list is
different.  And IMHO, a lot of the crap is there because a) J2EE has a lot
of stuff to support highly specific use cases surrounding distributed
transactions and the performance and reliability issues thereof and b)
ColdFusion has some serious performance problems as an OO language in that
you are very restricted in the number of objects you can reasonably
instantiate.

So you *do* know OOP - what you're seeing is OOP PLUS the Java baggage PLUS
the performance workarounds.  I.e. we're not in Kansas anymore.

Jaime