Okay, so I write a CFC. I set access="remote" and poof, I have a web service...
right?

So if I write a method, let's say, "getComics()" and it returns a query
object... well, that's just not going to work for people who aren't using CF,
right? I mean, if I'm using CF and invoking the method using the web service
url, I can output it, dump it, loop thru it, etc. But, if I'm using something
other than CF, I wouldn't have any way to move thru that data, would I? In
other words, PHP doesn't know what a ColdFusion Query object is.

What's the approach here? What's the next step to making something that people
using .net or PHP can return and use?

Apologies in advance if this has already been rehashed before, but I'm
genuinely kinda stumped about how to proceed, and I'm not even sure really
where to go next for the "next step" here that I've obviously stumbled onto...
I know the short answer HAS to be "XML", but I'm not quite sure *how*...