From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2007 1:13 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Scorpio - What to do until then?

> And the Ajax bug has finally bitten me, via jQuery, but I'm
> running into limitations about what I can do server-side with
> CF 4.5...

There's no reason why you can't use AJAX functionality with CF 4.5. AJAX
function calls simply return text. Newer versions of CF provide amenities,
like CFCs and native XML handling, but you can still generate whatever text
you like in CF 4.5. It will be up to you to make sure that the text contains
valid XML, or JavaScript objects, or whatever your AJAX library expects to
receive.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/