hi,

I have a system built to create a new gallery item.
this creates a new entry into the database, (GalleryID and GalleryName)
and then creates a matching folder directory with the GalleryName,
from the name field via the form (FORM.GalleryName)

my problem comes when attempting to change the name of the directory.

I set my query to only select data from the galleryID passed in the URL string,
then I cfset the curretdirectory to the database gallery name,
and I then rename the newdirectory to the FORM.GalleryName

I submit the form to Script_Self, but then the page re-parces,
re-runs the database query, and pulls the first gallery name it fines,

so now it looks for the first database gallery name,
and trys to replace THAT directoy,

when I submit the page, it forgets every thing I've set
with the first database gallery name it finds.

<!---QUERY MY DATA HERE--->
<cfif IsDefined("SubmitBtn") AND SubmitBtn EQ "form1">
  <cfset currentDirectory = #GalleryPath# & #Database.theGalleryName#>
  <cfset newDirectory = "#FORM.theGalleryName#">
  <cfdirectory action = "rename" directory = "#currentDirectory#" newdirectory=
"#newDirectory#" >
  <!---UPDATE THE DATABASE HERE--->
  <cflocation url="/ml/admin/gallery/index.cfm">
</cfif>

the only alternative I can come up with,
is once the user creates a gallery name,
it can not be changed, and I think thats kinda wack  :-\

--
thanks,
DH