Hi all,

I am having problems with a couple cfx tags I'm using for importing a csv
file into a query. Not really a problem with them but rather the fact that
they don't set the column types for the queries they create. This is a
problem because when I go to do a query of query, ColdFusion guesses that a
field is a number and later errors when a row has the field blank instead of
0 or null.

Does anyone know how to set the type of a column outside of recreating the
query (slow) or CAST in cfquery (errors due to guessing type)? And/Or any
suggestions for other techniques to quickly import large csv files with the
column type set? Other ideas?

Thanks