So I noticed when I add new instances to CF Enterprise (through the
instance manager in ColdFusion Administrator) if I don't check the
"create windows service" (Windows server) then when I restart the
operating system the instances are stopped still until I manually start.

I assume this is the expected behavior.

So I deleted all the instances and re-added them and checked the "create
windows service" and "auto-start" checkbox.

So now when I restart the OS my CF instances start too which is good,
BUT when I try to hit the site after a restart I get an IIS error about
not being able to find the "Macromedia Application".

If I reset IIS (iisreset) then all is fine.  My thought is that IIS
starts up BEFORE JRun and when the connectors load they cannot find the
CF instances and get confused.

Has anyone else run into this?

I figure I might have to set the services to NOT auto-start and then
create a startup script to start CF and IIS in the right order.

Ideas?

~Brad