Hmmm...I was thinking svn:externals was more for your working copy.
With SVK, I set up a mirror of Rays svn in my svn (svk calls it a
depot).  Then I tell it to sync to my /trunk .  Then I tell it to copy
from /trunk to /local.  Now, whenever I want to make changes to it, I
check out the local version, I can make all the changes that I want to
and I can also update the trunk version from Ray's.  At any point I
can diff or smerge my version and Rays.

On 4/2/07, Dinner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Crazily enough, I've got almost the exact same situation as yerzelf.
>
> SVN:externals.  Love it.  Live it.  L-word it.
>
> Using patch files is quite awesomely nifty too...

I need to get more acquainted with the other functionality beyond
commit and update :)