From: John Paul Ashenfelter
To: CF-Talk
Sent: Wed Apr 04 14:57:34 2007
Subject: Hardware load balancers (lower-end)

Folks,

I'd like to know what you're using for lower-end *hardware* load
balancing for your ColdFusion apps.  I've got an application to deal
with that doesn't have a lot of network bandwidth but does have a lot
of processor load, so I don't need a paired set of BIGIPs to manage it
:)

I'd prefer a packaged hardware solution that supports sticky sessions
-- the app was not really designed for clustering. Something like an
old Cisco LocalDirector off ebay is probably about the right speed!

Details: CFMX7 *Standard*, servers are Windows 2003, Web edition.
Using java sessions. Currently using Sonicwall and Cisco in the
network infrastructure.

Thoughts/recommendations?

--
John Paul Ashenfelter